There are numerous companies that specialize in Skatepark Design Build. Before you make the decision on which company to hire it is imperative to do your research and find out which firm will fit your needs and desires.
How To Hire a Skatepark Designer
Your first step in this process is to consider what type of park is best for you, such as a Concrete Skatepark etc. Once this is decided narrow your search for firms that handle that specific type of skatepark.
Now, how will the project be carried out, will this be a design only project or a design bid build project. This depends not only on the funding but also the entity or owner of the Park. The decision on which process to choose should be based on your needs and the funding that is available to the project.
Here are a few key questions to ask when researching the Skatepark firms:
- Are your skatepark designers also skateboarders?
- What is their background and skatepark experience?
- Who will be my Project Manager?
- How many skatepark design build projects have they managed and will they be my main point of contact?
- Are they a full service firm? (All services provided by in house staff)
- What skatepark design services do they offer? Does the skatepark design firm provide a full set of construction documents? Sealed, stamped and will pass the city process.
- Does the design firm carry Errors & Omission and General Liability insurance which is necessary to protect from design flaws.
- Will our skatepark be a custom design or a recycled design?
Selecting a specialty skatepark firm with a spotless reputation will ensure delivery of a quality project on time and within budget.
If you found this article helpful or of value please click the Facebook ‘share’ button. You may also consider joining our Facebook community for more information about skatepark design build, skatepark construction progress, action sports facilities and general fun.
[About us: Pillar Design Studios, based in Tempe, AZ is a design/build landscape architecture firm specializing in both public and private skatepark facilities. Led by Brad Siedlecki, Pillar Design’s reputation has been built on integrity, quality of service, the ability to deliver progressive designs and impeccable skill in construction document production.]